Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wiki Wiki!

Friends, I know many, myself included, were distressed by the loss of wiki.theppn, but a replacement has been around for a few months now.

The JPopStop Wiki is slowly building up to what wiki.theppn was, but it's not quite there yet! I personally have been making pages for lots of the older Hello! Project releases, but I can only do so much. I don't have a lot of chart information for these releases, but I can get first week and total sales from Hell Project. If anyone has more chart information for these old releases, please fill it in!

Another roadblock I've had is cover scans. If anyone has some of these older releases and would be willing to make some high quality scans of the covers that would be great!

I've also been trying to get the Hello! Project releases pages cleaned up and corrected. The years 1997-1999 are complete for the most part. There may be some photobook releases missing but otherwise I think everything's on there. My plan for filling these in was to go through the Hello! Project official website discography pages and make sure each release is included on the appropriate release page.

When making a new page, I generally work from a template or a page for a release with lots of information. I then use various websites (Hello! Project discography, Hell Project, and Project Hello mostly) to get the pertinent information. To find the concert performances I generally just search the wiki itself for the title of the track to find at which concerts it was performed and by whom. Other helpful sites are Google Translate, Babylon Translation (which tends to be more accurate but less convenient than Google Translate), and the J-talk Kanji Converter.

The wiki is also trying to raise some money for maintenance costs. There is a link at the top of the main page if you would like to donate.

And hey, if you don't have anything to contribute please use the wiki anyway! I'd like to think my hours and hours of work aren't all for naught.

Note: I'm not an admin or anything at the wiki, just a big supporter!

2 comments:

  1. I like the lettering for Zou Musume.

    - A Cute Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the font might look familiar to some... http://wiki.jpopstop.com/images/9/9f/MorningMusumeSingleMajor41_Limited_A.JPG

    ReplyDelete