Friday, March 26, 2010

Hello! Café Drag Show




Welcome to Hello! Café! We were just about to start our after hours drag show!

Ah, drag. There's nothing better guaranteed to bring on a mess of drama than amateur drag night at the local gay bar. Luckily our girls are really just playing dress-up and not doing real drag, but they sure look cute doing it! And I like to imagine that attraction to Hello! Project ladies in drag has caused some confused feelings for some poor wota over the years.

GOOD BYE Natsuo (GOOD BYE 夏男)
Matsuura Aya



This is probably my favorite drag PV. Ayaya's obnoxious summer boy first appears around 0:52. Looks a lot like Apolo Ohno!

Yaruki! IT'S EASY (やる気!IT'S EASY)
Goto Maki



Gocchin looks precisely like her brother Yuuki in this PV. Adorable :D

Koibito wa Kokoro no Ouendan (恋人は心の応援団)
Country Musume ni Ishikawa (Morning Musume)



Rinne and Asami are significantly more attractive as dudes. Is Country Musume not the ugliest Hello! Project group in history?

I WISH
Morning Musume



I first saw this PV around the time I was getting interested in Hello! Project. Back then it was a real challenge for me to identify all the girls because YouTube videos are so grainy and there are just so damn many girls to learn. It took me quite a while to figure out that Aibon is the little man with the mustache. This is probably the most hilarious instance of Hello! Project drag of all.

Koi no Telephone GOAL (恋のテレフォンGOAL)
Abe Natsumi



Mexican Nacchi is the real gem in this PV.

Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima (モーニング娘。のひょっこりひょうたん島)
Morning Musume



One of the best Morning Musume PVs out ever. I adore fake mustaches. In fact, I once bought 30 assorted fake mustaches that I forced my friends to wear at parties. I have fond, but fuzzy, memories of drunkenly walking in a pack to a convenience store wearing them while singing a loud chorus of "Battle Hymn of the Republic." In short, mustaches and pirates and Morning Musume: bliss.

Koko ni Iruzee! (ここにいるぜぇ!)
Morning Musume



Note: this song is terrifying when performed by an actual man.

Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ (Mr.Moonlight~愛のビッグバンド~)
Morning Musume



Yossie makes an excellent Mr. Moonlight, but you know who really catches my eye in this video? Kaorin. Check her out around 0:46. Why are there no more bombshells in Morning Musume?

Minihamus no Kekkon Song (ミニハムズの結婚ソング)
Minihamus (Minimoni)



Cartoon drag!

Akai Nikkichou (赤い日記帳)
Akagumi 4



This isn't really drag. Maybe sort of drag lite? The pairing makes it seem draggier though.

Seishun Bus Guide (青春バスガイド)
Berryz Koubou



Very handsome Berryz! Dweeby Momoko is a real laugh. She looks like Umino Gurio from Sailor Moon.

I hope you enjoyed the drag show!

No comments:

Post a Comment