Friday, February 13, 2009

Eagle eye

It's getting to be that time of year again: baseball season! I actually have no idea when baseball season is, but I know that Hello! Project has for the last four years released a cheer song for the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles in late March/early April, so I'm going to assume the trend will continue.

Let's start by reviewing what we've gotten so far:

2005 → THE Manpower!!! / Morning Musume


2006 → Let's Go Rakuten Eagles / DEF.DIVA


2007 → Daisuki Rakuten Eagles / GAM


2008 → Koero! Rakuten Eagles / °C-ute


I'm not sure which of these is my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of any of them, but I do love the dance in "Koero! Rakuten Eagles." I'll never have thighs like that.

An important feature of the last three songs is that they were all performed by groups that had debuted the year before. The only Hello! Project group that debuted last year (and wasn't associated with Kirarin☆Revolution or Shugo Chara!) was High-King. Does this mean High-King will be releasing a cheer song next month? I certainly don't know, but I would be ecstatic if that was the case.

The only thing as good as getting a new single from my all-time favorite special unit would be getting a single from a new and awesome unit. I've got a couple of ideas...

Natsujima

In the tradition of Gomattou and Nochiura Natsumi I've named this unit using kanji from the members' surnames. Isn't it lovely that Natsuaki Miyabi + Yajima Maimi = Summer Island?



Unless you're blind you're probably aware that Maimi and Miyabi are two of the most beautiful young women in Hello! Project, and they share a similar style. I think this pairing could really pull off the sports look (better than GAM did for sure), and they would sound beautiful together.

Eagle Egg

We need an Egg unit that isn't just for anime! Those girls are cute and talented and fresh, and as you can see from my name for this hypothetical unit Eggs are a perfect match for the Golden Eagles. I've hand-picked four Eggs based on their voices and cute factor:


Fukuda Kanon (cutest and best singer in Shugo Chara! Egg)

Tanaka Anri (the hair is reason enough, but she also has a nice voice)

Sekine Azusa (sounded amazing in concert singing "Romantic Ukare Mode")

Kikkawa Yuu (should have been in Morning Musume and is the best part of Milky Way)

The Anything-with-Kamei Unit


For whatever reason Kamei hasn't been in sub group or special unit ever (excluding Morning Musume Otemegumi which was just Morning Musume with dissociative identity disorder) so let's get her in one tout de suite!

On an only slightly related note, the way that "Golden Eagles" is pronounced in Japanese is the same as "Golden Igloos" would be, which brings some really unpleasant images to mind. I don't advice making an igloo from golden snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment